hi there. with over five years of experience in writing, features, PR, and more, i'm a journalist specialising in pop, politics, prose, punning, and aggressive amounts of alliteration.
• i've worked with over 31 different publications. i'm hooked, to be honest.
• i'm a kcl eng lang & lit grad. haha, yeah, I'm a nerd who wrote his dissertation on memes.
• i was once told my writing has: "more one-liners than a woody allen film". i took it as a compliment. also got compared to that kooky kid tom wolfe.
• i'm the holder of a gold standard NCTJ multimedia diploma from London's best journo school, News Associates. the things i do to write, huh?
• my first piece for Male Extravaganza on the style of supermodel David Gandy was picked up and publicised by the big guy himself.
• i've interviewed trans* rights activist Munroe Bergdorf, stylist and professional gym bunny Darren Kennedy, and internationally acclaimed actor Mark Gatiss.
• i can do 100 words per minute in shorthand. retro, huh?
• attending Pitti Uomo 88 in Italy as the assistant to british menswear designer Helen Anthony was the first time i got a tan. i got my second tan the following year, helping Anthony at his first Milan Fashion Week FW16.17 stint. no tan was to be found the third time around at his SS17 MFW show. i just brr'd a lot assisting at his FW18.19 NYFW show.
• i was rated a 6.5/10 in Attitude's first dates column, table for two, but was easily rated a 10/10 journalist for my time interning there.
• i was in print when i was 17 - appearing in the London weekly magazine Shortlist - discovering that i need a healthy diet of bylines to subsist.
• my first blog post back in 2012 concerned Anette Kellerman and was inspired by Ugly Betty, which is vaguely a prophecy of my life.