Widening Participation Student Ambassador @ King's College London (London)
Nov 2014 - present
• Supervising diverse groups of 16+ year old students around both on-campus and outside of campus tours and events.
• Aiding in the coordination of the 2015, 2016, and 2017 K+ Spotlight Summer School, including the orchestration of a practical taster session for the university newspaper, Roar!.
• Nightly shifts for the Sutton Trust Residential Summer School, tasking ranging from facilitating workshops, social events, and offering pastel supports during the overnight stays.
• Facilitating the Spring Up! summer school for 12-13-year-olds, ferrying a school to-and-from campus, and social media activity.
• Mentoring two sets of 6 year-12/13 students, guiding in the stream of Law and English Literature.
• Acting as an e-mentor for two sets of 6 year-12/13 students, guiding in the stream of Law and English Literature.
Gallery Assistant @ Sunny Art Centre
May 2017 - Jun 2017.
• PR work for the institution, contacting magazines to produce content concerning upcoming exhibitions, and commentary pieces.
Exhibition Staff @ Hamlet at Elsinore
• Helping to curate the exhibition with the HamletScenen organisation. Stationed at the entrance to record visitor numbers, informing them about the cultural exchanges of England and Denmark across the Shakespearian dialogue.
• General upkeep of the space.
Sales Assistant @ Muji (Oxford Street, London)
Jul 2016 - Feb 2017
• Negotiated the Muji brand and aesthetic identity through visual merchandising aligning with the strict Japanese codes of presentation and customer interaction.
• Handled in-store and direct delivery requests from customers over the phone and in person, including booking a courier as required.
Sales Assistant @ Scribbler (Wardour Street, London)
Mar 2015 - Jul 2016
• Having sole responsibility to open and close the London-based store, alongside till-management, money handling, negative stock-take, banking, stock replenishment and an awareness of security precautions in case of theft.
Sales Adviser @ Lush (Romford, Essex)
Sep 2014 - Dec 2014
• Cultivated brand loyalty by building rapport with customers, delivering in-depth consultations to give individually tailored product regimes, using astute product knowledge.
• Stock room and delivery services, aiding in closing and opening the shop, including money handling and intense till management.
• Trained to an intermediate level of dermatology and hair-care.
Sales Adviser @ River Island (Romford, Essex)
Dec 2013 - Jan 2014
• Efficiently retrieved and gathered online orders to customers as part of the 'Click & Collect' scheme.
• Responsible for the organization of the menswear, womenswear and accessory departments, tagging clothing and replenishing stock during the Christmas and Boxing Day Sales period.
• Advising customers on products with an acute knowledge of trends and merchandising standards.
Sales Assistant @ Oxfam (Romford, Essex)
Apr 2013 - Sep 2013
• Initiated and managed store's social media channels, including Twitter.
• Worked with colleagues to design innovative window displays based on current events and demonstrated excellent customer service skills by developing rapport with regular customers.
accolades & accreditations
King's Summer Weekend with Tate Britain
• An intensive 3-day course on Queer British Art.
vInspired v50 award
• For 50-hours of voluntary community work.
Completion of the National Citizenship Service scheme 'The Challenge'
• Involved leading a team of twelve 16-17 year olds over the summer to design a series of social action projects.
Available upon request.
copyright © josh milton 2017