• King’s College London English Language & Literature graduate with experience across online and print press, features, news, and editorial work, seeking to join a leading London magazine.
• Journalism: reporting, research, interviewing, features, subediting, copywriting, and photography.
• PR: press release writing, stock management, media relations, and social media management.
Fashion Intern @ TANK
Dec 2017 - Feb 2018
Editorial Intern @ PinkNews U.K
Nov 2017 - present
• Pitching and generating original news-style stories, listicles, and pagicles for digital publication, interviews for features, collecting news clippings daily.
Freelance Journalist @ various
Jan 2014 - present
• Self-initiated articles across various U.K and global platforms, including Blasting News, InStitchu UK, Mr Manuscript, Admitopia, Estilo Tendances, and ROAR!.
Editorial Intern @ HISKIND
Jan 2016 - Nov 2017
• Liaised and secured in-person, phone, and email interviews with figures of the queer scene.
• Assisted in closing print editions, including copywriting, subediting commissions, converting online to print copies, final quality checks, and liaising with local businesses for distribution.
• Intermittent social media management.
Fashion Assistant Intern @ Esquire U.K
Aug 2017 - Sep 2017
• Assisted the Style Director, Teo van den Broeke, during photoshoots.
• Independently managed over 50 call-ins for 7 different shoots during the Fashion Assistant's out of office.
• Managed the fashion and beauty cupboards, culled credits, arranged couriers for returns and collections, updated stockist pages, created call sheets using Adobe InDesign.
Community Manager @ Untitled
Aug 2016 - Oct 2016
• Moderated a Facebook page that acted as a space for members to engage with the art industry. Included posting updates, relevant artist / gallery news, initiating dialogues with members about shows, artworks and artists, and recruiting new members of the online community.
• Co-managed the production of digital guides that centre on streamlining contemporary art, crafting press releases, newsletters, and email work on behalf of the Director.
• Manned the project's social media accounts, including Twitter and Instagram.
Guest Writer @ Unseen Online
Dec 2015 - Jul 2016
• Proposed 700+ word feature pieces on the contemporary fashion and arts scene.
• Connected with designers for upcoming shoots, researching under-the-radar events for paid features and e-interviews.
• Running the magazine's online presence (Twitter and Instagram) during intermittent periods.
• Prepped the Unseen Online Issue 2 Launch Party, networking with guests and clients and delivery pick-up for goodie bags.
Online Contributor @ The Idle Man
Nov 2015 - Jul 2016
• Bi-weekly articles of 2,000 words concerning menswear style and trend guides and features pieces.
• Assisted in the transcribing, subediting, and introducing the 'Best of the Web' interview series.
Co-Founder and Fashion Editor @ Men's Official
May 2015 - Apr 2016
• Managed a team of 8+ writers, creating article headlines and writing weekly, light-hearted buzz articles on fashion advice, inspiration, shopping, and trends, alongside copywriting for brands.
• Co-creative leadership of 14 product shoots, including photography.
• Subedited all submitted articles, SEO management on Wordpress.
• Curated original campaigns and content on Twitter and Instagram.
Brash Contributor @ Mode Media
Apr 2015 - Sep 2016
• Proposed article headlines, creating 3 stories bi-monthly for Mode U.S, and 3 stories bi-monthly for Mode UK concerning men's fashion, grooming, lifestyle, food, automobiles, and humour.
Press Manager @ Helen Anthony
Feb 2015 - Feb 2017
• Assisted the menswear designer during business meetings and events, alongside aiding in PR and PA work, including writing press releases, guestlists, business plans, speeches, and presentations.
• Optimised the brand's social media channels, including Facebook and Twitter.
• Assisted in producing and delivering a presentation to the British Fashion Council; successfully procuring funding.
• Securing press coverage with Vogue Italia during Pitti Imagine Uomo 88', including an interview with late editor-in-chief, Franca Sozzani.
• Dresser for the designer's AW16.17 show at Milan Fashion Week, and PR for the SS17 MFW show.
Style Blogger @ Male Extravaganza
Dec 2013 - Apr 2015
• Writing bi-weekly 500+ word articles for a menswear website, including sponsored and guest blog posts and email interviews.
• Managed the content of the site's Twitter account for 6 months (Jan - Jun 2014) gaining 800+ followers.
• An article on David Gandy resulted in a unique visitor increase of 156.66% that week and was publicised by the model's own official Twitter and Facebook accounts.
• Covered London Fashion Weekend SS15 for the womenswear sister site, Estilo Tendencies.
Editorial Intern @ Shortlist
Oct 2013 - Nov 2013
• Liaised with the editorial team to produce round-ups, book reviews, and competition articles for print.
• Carried out background research for articles, fact-checked and transcribed interviews.
• Aided with returns and credits in the fashion cupboards.
Office Intern @ CALMzine
• Researched and wrote précis emails for upcoming volunteering opportunities.
• Helped in the administrative coordination of numerous company events.
Editorial Intern @ CALMzine
Oct 2012 - Nov 2012
• Assisted the editor-in-chief with subediting, proofreading, and picture sourcing.
Widening Participation Student Ambassador @ King's College London (London)
Nov 2014 - present
• Supervising diverse groups of 16+ year old students around both on-campus and outside of campus tours and events.
• Aiding in the coordination of the 2015, 2016, and 2017 K+ Spotlight Summer School, including the orchestration of a practical taster session for the university newspaper, Roar!.
• Nightly shifts for the Sutton Trust Residential Summer School, tasking ranging from facilitating workshops, social events, and offering pastel supports during the overnight stays.
• Facilitating the Spring Up! summer school for 12-13-year-olds, ferrying a school to-and-from campus, and social media activity.
• Mentoring two sets of 6 year-12/13 students, guiding in the stream of Law and English Literature.
• Acting as an e-mentor for two sets of 6 year-12/13 students, guiding in the stream of Law and English Literature.
Gallery Assistant @ Sunny Art Centre
May 2017 - Jun 2017.
• PR work for the institution, contacting magazines to produce content concerning upcoming exhibitions, and commentary pieces.
Exhibition Staff @ Hamlet at Elsinore
• Helping to curate the exhibition with the HamletScenen organisation. Stationed at the entrance to record visitor numbers, informing them about the cultural exchanges of England and Denmark across the Shakespearian dialogue.
• General upkeep of the space.
Sales Assistant @ Muji (Oxford Street, London)
Jul 2016 - Feb 2017
• Negotiated the Muji brand and aesthetic identity through visual merchandising aligning with the strict Japanese codes of presentation and customer interaction.
• Handled in-store and direct delivery requests from customers over the phone and in person, including booking a courier as required.
Sales Assistant @ Scribbler (Wardour Street, London)
Mar 2015 - Jul 2016
• Having sole responsibility to open and close the London-based store, alongside till-management, money handling, negative stock-take, banking, stock replenishment and an awareness of security precautions in case of theft.
Sales Adviser @ Lush (Romford, Essex)
Sep 2014 - Dec 2014
• Cultivated brand loyalty by building rapport with customers, delivering in-depth consultations to give individually tailored product regimes, using astute product knowledge.
• Stock room and delivery services, aiding in closing and opening the shop, including money handling and intense till management.
• Trained to an intermediate level of dermatology and hair-care.
Sales Adviser @ River Island (Romford, Essex)
Dec 2013 - Jan 2014
• Efficiently retrieved and gathered online orders to customers as part of the 'Click & Collect' scheme.
• Responsible for the organization of the menswear, womenswear and accessory departments, tagging clothing and replenishing stock during the Christmas and Boxing Day Sales period.
• Advising customers on products with an acute knowledge of trends and merchandising standards.
Sales Assistant @ Oxfam (Romford, Essex)
Apr 2013 - Sep 2013
• Initiated and managed store's social media channels, including Twitter.
• Worked with colleagues to design innovative window displays based on current events and demonstrated excellent customer service skills by developing rapport with regular customers.
King's College London University
Sep 2014 - Jul 2017
Degree: Ba (Hons) English Language & Literature (2:1).
Robert Clack Sixth Form
Sep 2012 - Jun 2014
A-Level: Sociology (A*), History (A) and English (A), AS-Level Psychology (B).
Other: Extended Project Qualification (B).
Sanders Draper Senior School
Sep 2007 - Jul 2012
GCSEs: 2 A*'s, 5 A's, 3 B's, including English and Math.
accolades & accreditations
King's Summer Weekend with Tate Britain
• An intensive 3-day course on Queer British Art.
vInspired v50 award
• For 50-hours of voluntary community work.
Completion of the National Citizenship Service scheme 'The Challenge'
• Involved leading a team of twelve 16-17 year olds over the summer to design a series of social action projects.
Available upon request.